Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I’m Glad to See That Ignorance is Alive and Doing SO Well

LauRen Elizabeth and the no good, shxtty ass, let me calm the fxck down before I find a bxtch and choke her out for lookin’ at me wrong and end my ass up in jail day

I am not in a good mood right now and as of now I have no clue what’s gonna happen as my fingers fly over the keyboard of my laptop, so, there is a possibility that I may offend someone with this post and it’s guaranteed that I’ll give nary a damn or a fanga in the middle about it. I don’t live my life to please any of those who aren’t living to please me and seeing as none of y’all are tryin’ to do a gotdamn thang to better my life right now, I really don’t care. Take it how you wish to take it. As always, that’s on you.

*sighs and counts to ten*

I’m trying not to have a stroke-aneurysm-heart attack combo right now and people are making it difficult by tap dancing on my last good nerve the way that Satan tap danced across my screen while I was listening to Rihanna’s Rated R album. What’s really pissin’ me off is that today started out so well too. But it is what it is and I’m moving on. Think I’ve got a topic now.

*sigh*

Oh the many and varied ways that I love people.

What’s that? You detect a not so subtle tinge of sarcasm? Good. I meant for that to happen. Believe me when I say that if I didn’t want you to know that I was being sarcastic, you wouldn’t. As I write this, I’m sitting on Twitter—like I do when I’m bored so tis a frequent thing with me—and watching ignorance reign supreme on the trending topics. #blackthoughts is currently the number one trend, and I’m pretty sure that our collective ancestors are downright thrilled with the responses that are being garnered as I shake my head and type.

Here are some examples of some typical #blackthoughts tweets

And things of that nature for more, click the link.

The ignorance that is currently on display is staggering and I don’t have time nor the patience necessary to sit and watch my race be insulted and stereotyped by it’s own members.

For every one

image 

tweet, there are twenty

image 

image

tweets.

Making a mockery of who and what you are? Especially in the name of a trending topic? That’s self-hate and it’s a disease no matter how you try to spin it. While I’m on the subject, you can’t label something as a “black” thought, then get mad when some non-black person chooses to comment and go in on the topic as well. You can’t stereotype yourself and then wonder why others treat you in a stereotypical manner. It doesn’t work like that.

On that note, I leave you with “The Kramer” by Wale. Listen to the lyrics, think on what he’s saying in the song.

 

And make sure, anything you say
Can be held against you in any kind of way
In any connotation and viewed any way
Cuz under every “nigga” is a little bit of Kramer
Self hatred, I hate ya and myself…
Nigga

No comments: